Daddy Daughter Scrabble Tile Photo Shadow Box Gift - a Great Father's Day or Birthday Craft Project


I wanted to make something special for my husband's birthday. After browsing around Pinterest, I found the cutest idea for a Scrabble tile shadow box photo frame on Lauren Dahl's blog.



















The whole project cost less than $15. I purchased the 8x10 black shadow box from Joann's (using a 40% off coupon) and a sheet of neutral, textured card stock. I also purchased the specific Scrabble tiles I needed from the Vintage Types shop on Etsy (very affordable and quick shipping!)

Using permanent double-sided tape, I attached the tiles to the 8x10 sheet of card stock, placing the tiles across the top and left side of a 5x7 photo I took of my husband with our six-week-old daughter. Then I popped the card stock into the shadow box to complete the gift. Easy as pie!


Comments