Interview with Etsy artist CraftZany


Bessie

I stumbled across CraftZany's shop one day in an Etsy chat room and fell in love with her little owls. Hopefully, you'll love them, too!

Name: Jennifer, 33
Etsy shop: CraftZany

Q: When did you join Etsy and what do you sell in your shop?
A: May 14th 2007, I sell owl pincushions, fashion hair clips, tote bags, pins and I have been getting back into making cards and tags.

Q: Tell us the story behind your owls?
A: My little owls gave me an outlet to use cute fabric, and an excuse to keep collecting fabric. I thought owls were really cute so one day I sat on the floor and came up with a pattern to make them. It took me about three trys till I got the pattern the way I liked it. I enjoy coming up with their little storys and my customers like that they each have their own personality.


Cassie

Q: What is the story behind your shop name?
I'm crazy about crafts so that is pretty much how I came up with the name. I don't limit myself to any one particular thing. One day I may work with fabric and the next I might work with paper and I'm always crazy about trying new things.

Q: What are your favorite methods or materials to use when creating?
A: I'm a pretty spontaneous crafter and don't usually follow any methods other than work with the project until it works or set it aside for another day. I usually just plop my self down on the ground and surround myself with the things I am working on. I do have a chair in my studio but I only use it when I am using my sewing machine.
My favorite materials when creating things would have to be just ordinary found objects. I keep everything that is a substantial material whether it be a plastic potatoe bag, a large oatmeal container, or a pretty decorative tag off of clothing I have bought. I love brainstorming and
seeing how it can be used in a totally unique way.


Adelaide

Q: What’s the one thing you've made that you're most proud of?
A: I made a small quilt for my daughter when I was pregnant with her. It was my first attempt at a quilt and it turned out pretty amazing.

Q: How do you promote your work?
A: I like to tell people about my Etsy store whenever possible. I just try to make sure that I wear something that I have made so people can see my work.

Q: Biggest goal for next six months?
A: My biggest goal for the next six months would be to submit my work to a magazine or craft show and have it be accepted.

Comments

Lindsey said…
Such cute owls! Great interview, I love learning about the crafter behind the craft. :)
Jamie Sue said…
Your owls are so cute. Of course, my husband would say "yeah, but what are they FOR?" Tee-hee... men are so silly.